Under the cover of a thrilling, fun adventure game with hand tracking enabled, FIGHT BACK is an introduction to self defense techniques as an answer to gender-based violence.
The empowerment-based model of self-defense training includes physical self defense techniques, but also a comprehensive range of tactics including verbal techniques, awareness skills, confidence-building practices, and more. Empowerment Self Defense is a system designed by and for women to :
- Avoid danger and de-escalate conflict.
- Increase confidence in participating in social and economic systems.
- Increase self-efficacy in problem-solving.
- Build physical self defense skills.
- Address violence that is most likely to occur in individual settings (e.g., school, home, workplace).
Production: COVEN, France Télévision
Director, Writer, & Producer: Céline Tricart
Producer: Marie Blondiaux
A co production by: Red Corner, Lucid Dreams Productions
Game Designer: Maëlle Holtzer
Music Composer: Julie Roué
With support from: CNC, Meta, Procirep Société des producteurs - Angoa, Fonds Jeux vidéo - Région Auvergne-Rhône Alpes, Vulcan Productions - Impact Grant, Venice Production Bridge Market 2021, New Images Festival, Festival des Nouveaux Cinémas, IDFA Doc Lab